Thursday, September 16, 2010

ALL ABOUT ME!!

Well to start off my name is Sarah Tolson, and I am a sophomore at Rhode Island College. As most of you I am an elementary education major and specializing in special Ed.  I have lived here in Rhode Island for about 10 years now, but I was originally born and raised in Cincinnati Ohio. Ohio is where all my family lives and I miss it terribly. I will always have a mid-west attitude. If you don’t really know what that means, it means that I just go with the flow, and always put others before myself, and avoid confrontation as much as possible.  I loved living in Cincinnati, but my dad works for Hasbro Toy Company and he was asked to transfer to Rhode Island before they closed down the shop in Ohio. Being the kid of a man who works at Hasbro is amazing!! My brothers and I always got free toys. I remember back to when I was in the third grade and when Pokémon was big, Hasbro was putting on a Pokémon school for the employee's kids. So my dad enrolled me and my brother Greg and we had to study the different Pokémon and the different things they transformed into, in the end we had a big graduation ceremony and we all became Pokémon trainers. That’s just one a many different things that I got to do, because my dad worked for Hasbro.
I am also apart of a sorority here at Rhode Island College and I absolutely love it. The organization is called Lambda Chi, and we have an animal rights and welfare based philanthropy. We are only currently at 13 active members but we are now in our rush and are getting ready to select our gamma class. This sorority is what really helped me get through my freshmen year at college, I now have 15 new best friends and that number continues to grow every semester. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment